You are here:
Estimated reading time: < 1 min

(1) A support, slightly tapered, with or without a conical base, on which yarn is spun or wound for use as a weft.
(2) The weft package wound on the support defined in (1).
(3) A relatively long but narrow package of yarn taken up on a cylindrical former during draw-twisting of continuous filament yarns.
also termed quill (USA), weft bobbin

Textile Resource (http://www.textile.org.uk)

Was this article helpful?
Dislike 0
Views: 20