You are here:
Estimated reading time: < 1 min

A term, of Germanic and Anglo-Saxon origin, used especially in the silk and man-made fibre industries to describe the twisting or folding of continuous-filament yams.

Note: The term throwster was traditionally used to describe an individual or company specifically involved with these twisting processes, but, in more recent times, the title has also been inherited by those who manufacture textured yarns by the false-twist method.

Textile Resource (

Was this article helpful?
Dislike 0
Views: 10